Young Adult Leadership Development
Young Adult Ministry Commission
For those interested in taking a leadership role within the Young Adult community of the Archdiocese, consider applying for the Young Adult Ministry Commission. The following links will provide you with both more information on the commission and the application to join:
Support for Parish Leaders
In the Fall of 2011 the Archdiocese of Seattle began to pilot initial leadership groups designed to form peer led parish based groups in several cities around the Archdiocese. These groups have take for their patron, Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati and are committed to developing and strengthing young adult ministry in the Archdiocese.
The groups gather once or twice a month for:
- faith formation
- leadership training.
Each group meets regularly in 2012-2013
- Seattle gathers the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month at the Chancery (September – April)
- Tacoma gathers the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at alternating locations
- Vancouver gathers the 3rd Monday of each month in person and the 1st Monday of the month online and on conference calls.
- Bellingham’s schedule is not yet determined.
OYYAE directly supports these groups through ongoing mentoring, leadership development and formation in the faith.
You will be equipped to work with parish leadership to develop a comprehensive young adult ministry in your own parish or group of parishes.
This is a 2 year commitment (one year for formation and one year of commitment to your parish.) You must be endorsed by your pastor or parish administrator in order to participate in the intial pilot. Parish groups are open to all.
Please contact Bridget Harris at email@example.com or 206-274-3175 for more information.
Existing Young Adult Groups
We highly encourage leaders of existing young adult groups to come to their most conveniant Frassati Society. At these groups, we provide:
- Skill Development
- Formation in the Catholic Faith
- Resources and skills to actively participate in the New Evangelization
- Opportunities to continue in your own spiritual journey, including: prayer and retreats.
For more information contact Bridget Harris at 206.274.3175
If you are not ready to commit to leading a parish young adult ministry you can get involved through:
- Staffing and Planning Leadership Programs
- Staffing and Planning special events
- Working with region leadership
If you would like more information about anything we currently offer, please contact Bridget Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.274.3175.